Full Time Project Officer for our Cairns Office
06 August, 2021.
About Black & More
Black & More, is a professional engineering and project management business that has operated successfully for over 21 years. With offices in Cairns, Brisbane, Toowoomba, Atherton and the Sunshine Coast we are a recognised expert in the fields of Project and Program Management, Civil and Structural Design, and Contract Administration.
Due to the growth in our business, we have an exciting opportunity that has become available for a high performing, self-motivated and organised Project Officer, based in our Cairns office.
As a Project Officer, you will participate as a pivotal team member to assist our organisation. You will work closely with our Project Managers to provide project support with ad hoc projects and the Admin & Finance Manager to assist with accounts payable and receivable.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL BE:
- Computer literate (advanced skill with Outlook, Excel, and Word are essential)
- A team player
The successful candidate will also have the following attributes:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organise own work in an effective and efficient manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships, including the ability to use influence to support collaboration.
- High Level organisational skills, task management and excellent decision-making skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines and to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to provide a range of support services, including preparation of reports and briefs and maintaining project documentation;
- Finance experience including accounts payable and receivable with knowledge of Xero is highly desirable;
- Completion of a Certificate or Diploma in administration and/or finance is advantageous;
- A current drivers licence
REWARDS FOR YOU:
In return for your hard work and dedication, Black & More will provide you with:
- Competitive remuneration, company bonus program and salary packaging
- A genuine career path with significant potential for growth and development
- A professional, motivated and fun team orientated working environment
- Company Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities to work on a variety of challenging and interesting projects
Your application should include a Curriculum Vitae (CV), referees and an application specific cover letter. Your cover letter should outline:
- What interests you about this particular role
- Demonstrate why you believe you are the ideal candidate
- Outline how you meet the candidate requirements
If you would like to work for a progressive firm that values its people, please submit your application today.